The West African Peanut Chicken Soup is very healthy and delicious and healthy soup. It is easy to make. It has peanut butter, real peanuts. Let us learn how to make this soup.
- chicken breast – 1 pound boneless, skinless
- all-purpose flour – 1/3 cup
- curry powder – 2 Tablespoons
- salt – 1 teaspoon
- freshly ground black pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
- peanut (or vegetable) oil – 1/4 cup
- ground coriander – 1/2 teaspoon
- fresh ginger root – 1-inch
- cloves garlic, peeled – 3
- serrano chilli pepper, halved and seeded – 1
- chicken stock or broth, divided – 5 cups
- 1/4 cup peanut butter**
- 4 Tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 4 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lie, cut into wedges
How to make the West African Peanut Chicken Soup:
- Cut the chicken crosswise into 1/4 inch thick strips.
- Take a zipper bag, in that combine the flour, curry powder, salt and pepper add the chicken and shake it to coat well.
- Take a pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. To this add chicken pieces in a single layer, cook it side.
- Now put the coriander, ginger, garlic, and chilli pepper in the bowl of a small food processor and pulse to a mince.
- To this add the ginger mixture along with 1/2 cup of broth and cook for 2 minutes and now time to add the peanut butter and toss well.
- Add the remaining 4 1/2 cups broth one cup at a time and cook in low flame and stir to maintain the soup’s texture.
- Cook it on low flame for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt to taste.
Now serve the hot soup in a bowl and garnish with chopped peanuts, scallions, cilantro, and a lime wedge, you will certainly lip-smack.