Vegetable Kozhukattai recipe, Veg Kaara Kozhukattai is a steamed dish. The dish is made in easy methods by soaking and ground brown rice with vegetables. It is a very healthy dish as it has hardly any oil and is loaded with vegetables.
Ingredients for Vegetable Kozhukattai recipe:
- brown rice – 1 cup
- water – 1 cup
- Gingely oil -2 teaspoon
- mustard seeds – ¼ teaspoon
- cumin seeds – ¼ teaspoon
- chana dal – 1 tablespoon
- onions, finely chopped – 2
- ginger, finely chopped – 1-inch piece
- sprig curry leaves, finely chopped – 1
- green chillies, finely chopped – 3
- finely shredded vegetables (carrot, cabbage and beans) – 3 cups
- salt – 1 teaspoon
How to prepare KAARA KOZHUKATTAI :
- In a bowl soak brown rice for about 3 hours.
- Then drain the water from the soaked rice. Then grind the rice with 1 cup water make it into a smooth fine paste.
- Now take a pan and heat gingelly oil in it and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, finely chopped ginger, finely chopped curry leaves and the chana dal, saute it well until golden brown. To this add chopped onions and green chillies saute even this a minute to brown.
- Now, to this add the veggies and the salt and mix well and cook until the veggies are half cooked for about 3-4 minutes.
- To this add in the ground paste of rice and mix well.
- The dough will become warm. Now, wet your hand with water and take a small lemon size ball of dough and make it into the desired shape.
- Place these dumplings on an idli vessel. Steam it for 15 minutes on a medium flame.Serve this dish with coconut chutney, red chutney or kara chutney or even with curd. Vegetable Kozhukattai recipe will certainly taste delicious and healthy. To know more about the Tamil Nadu cuisines login to the Master Chefu.