Basically, the veg cutlet is deep fried patties served for the snack during evening time.
It is prepared from mashing vegetables and mixing it with spices.
It is then given a preferred shape which is then covered Rava or breadcrumbs.
Finally, it is then deep fried (optionally pan fried too) to get a crispy and lip-smacking snack.
Usually, it is served with coconut chutney or tomato sauce.
However, it can be served and eaten without any condiments too.
Ingredients for Veg Cutlet:
For pressure cooking:
- 3 medium-sized potatoes pealed and chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- 4 beans chopped
- ¼ beetroot chopped
- ¼ cup peas frozen / fresh
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ onions finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp Kashmiri chili powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric / haldi
- ¾ tsp garam masala powder
- Salt as required
- ¾ tsp fennel powder
- ½ cup Rava / semolina/sooji or bread crumbs
- Oil for deep frying
Instructions of Vegetable Cutlet:
- To start with a pressure cooker put in potatoes, carrot, beans, beetroot, peas, and salt.
- Pressure cook for 1 whistle or till all the vegetables is cooked well.
- Furthermore, drain the water from vegetables. Else it will be difficult to prepare cutlet.
- Then, in a large kadai add oil. saute onions and garlic till they turn golden brown.
- Furthermore, add boiled vegetables.
- Additionally put in Kashmiri chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, fennel powder, and salt.
- Mix well and mash all the vegetables well with a potato masher.
- If you are not capable to make a round shape out of filling then include some breadcrumbs.
- Also, using a heart-shaped or round mould gives a shape to the cutlet.
- Then, rotate it over rava or bread crumbs to get crunchy covering.
- After that, deep fry the cutlet till they roll golden brown.
- Exhaust off the cutlet over the permeable paper to remove surplus oil.
- As a final point, serve veg cutlet with tomato sauce and coconut chutney of your preference.
Read More Indian Dessert Recipes Login to the Masterchefu