Vathalappam is delicious Kerala cuisine. It is made with the creaminess of coconut, the sweetness of jaggery. This dessert is unique in God’s Own Country. This dessert will simply melt in your mouth. Now let us learn how to make Vathalappam.
Ingredients for Vathalappam
- Eggs – 4
- Milk – 150 ml.
- Coconut milk (1st extract) – 200 ml.
- Jaggery – 200 g.
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp.
- Sugar – 50 g
- Dry nuts
Method of Preparation
- Take a saucepan and caramelize the sugar in a pan over the low flame.
- Spread this caramelized sugar over a tray or cups as you wish.
- Take a deep mixing bowl and add eggs, milk & coconut milk and whisk.
- Add melted jaggery and the cardamom powder to this
- Now, pour the mixture over a tray or cups.
- Cover with silver foil and cook this mixture in a steamer
- Serve cold.
- Garnish with dry nuts