Kakori Kebab Recipe has a history which goes back to more than 1000 years. Minced lamb or beef can make wonders in the recipe. It derived its name from the city of Kakori on the outskirts of Lucknow.
- Oven temp: 425F-220 C
- Minced mutton/lamb – 2 cups
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Salt – 2 tsp
- Powdered black pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Chopped green coriander – 2 tbsp
- Chopped green chillies to taste
- Then Chopped raw papaya – 2 Tbsp
- Cloves – 4
- Black cardamom seeds – 1
- Powdered cinnamon – 1/8 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp 1 blade mace
- Grated nutmeg – 1/4 tsp
- Onions – sliced thin, and browned crisp in 1/2 cup ghee – 2 cups
- Bhuna chana – powdered – 1/4 cup
- Egg – 1
- Ghee for brushing
- Chaat masala
- Onion rings and lemon wedges for garnish
Kakori Kebab Recipe Procedure:
- In a big bowl mix all ingredients except ghee.
- Marinate for about 4 hours. Then grind to form a smooth, thick paste.
- Knead this mixture very well and mix in the roasted gram slowly as to maintain its consistency.
- After this add egg.
- Now, cover and refrigerate for another hour.
- Shape the minced meat in the skewers and place the kebabs on to a grill. Or you can use a preheated oven.
- If cook them over a charcoal grill the real taste of Kebabs will be known.
- It should take 15-20 minutes to cook.
- To enrich the taste brush with ghee and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve them with onions and the lemon.
Kakori Kebab Recipe is very delicious and melts in the mouth. Try and let us know your feed back.