- 1 kg Beef into 3 1/2 cm cubes and beaten flat
- Ginger paste – 1 Tbsp
- Garlic paste – 1 Tbsp
- Chilli powder – 2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 Tbsp
- Poppy seeds-soaked, roasted and ground – 2 Tbsp
- Onion seeds – 1 tsp
- Yoghurt – 2 1/2 cups
- Oil – 1/2 cup
- Green cardamoms – 6-7
- Cloves – 6-7
- Cinnamon – 2 pieces
- Onion-chopped fine – 1 cup
- Tomatoes-cut fine – 1 cup
- Tomato puree – 1/2 cup
- Blanched and slivered almonds – 10-12
- Cream – 1/4 cup
- Chopped coriander leaves – 2 Tbsp
- Salt to taste
How to Make Pasanday Recipe
- In a bowl mix and marinate the first 9 ingredients together with the salt for 4-5 hours. You can also marinate it overnight in a refrigerator.
- In a pan heat the oil; to this add the cardamoms, clove, and cinnamon.
- When this fry, add the onions and fry to a dark brown.
- Now, add the flattened meat along with the marinade. Cook it uncovered, over low or high heat, till the water has evaporated.
- At the same time fat separates.
- By this time the meat should be cooked. If not then add some water and cook well.
- To this add the tomatoes and puree, and sauté till the fat separates again.
- Gently toss each piece and taking care not to break the meat pieces.
- Now, add half the almonds.
This is the dry version of Pasanday. To make a gravy, add a little water and cook for a few minutes longer.
Finally, garnish with cream, add rest of the almonds and the coriander leaves and serve.
The meat will melt in your mouth.