Kashmiri Rajma Recipe is a popular Indian curry made with kidney beans. It can be consumed along with Chapathi, Roti, Rice, Poori, etc. This recipe has the aroma of Kashmir. It is one of the Traditional Indian Cuisine Recipes.
- rajmah (kidney beans) – 1 1/2 cups
- soda bicarb – 1 tsp
- ghee (clarified butter) – 1/2 cup
- asafoetida – 1/8 tsp
- cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- dried ginger powder – 1 tsp
- yoghurt- 1/2 cup
- Kashmiri garam masala – 1 tsp
- ginger paste – 1 tsp
- salt to taste – 2 tsp
- chilli powder or to taste green chillies-chopped – 1 tsp
- dhania (coriander) powder – 2 tsp
- Chopped coriander leaves for garnish
Procedure to make Kashmiri Rajma Recipe
- Take a bowl and soak rajmah and soda in water overnight.
- Cook rajma in fresh water till soft for about 15 minutes in a pressure cooker.
- Drain rajmah from water but keep it for later use.
- Take a pan and heat ghee and add asafoetida and cumin seeds
- When cumin seeds splutter, add sonth, yoghurt and ginger, stirring vigorously so that the yoghurt will curdle.
- Saute till fat separates.
- Add salt to it and chilli powder, green chilli and rajmah. Saute for a minute or so.
- Now add the stock to the rajma and cook nicely.
- Cook in simmer for about 8-10 minutes, add the garam masala, and dhania, simmer for another minute.
- Add coriander leaves to garnish.