Tangra Macher Jhol is one of the authentic dishes of Bengalis. It is almost a common food that is made at every house. But for us, it is indeed a mouth watery and delicious Bengali cuisine. You must try this Tangra Macher Jhol and let us know how it really tastes. It must be indeed a mouth watery experience!
Tangra Macher Jhol Ingredient:
- Clean tangra fish neatly, especially the stomach. If you find any fish eggs leave them in.
- Now, apply 1 tsp turmeric powder, some salt and some mustard oil generously over the tangra fish and rub gently so that all the ingredients are spread evenly.
- Chop the tomatoes and slice the onions.
- Now let us fry the fish in any oil. Take a deep pan and heat up some oil, when the oil is smoking hot, add the fish.
- Once it is completely fried, set aside the fried tangra fish.
- Now discard the oil in which you fried the fish. This step is very important. And now add fresh mustard oil and heat it up.
- To this add in the kalo jeerey, whole dry red chillies, the sliced onions, diced tomatoes and red chilli powder.
- Cook till the onions are softened up. Now add remaining turmeric powder, sugar, salt to taste and the coriander leaves.
- Dilute the mustard paste or mustard powder with a cup of water and pour into the dish.
- Add another 1.5 cups of water and bring it to a boil.
- Finally, add the fried tangra fish and mustard oil and a handful of coriander leaves.
- Cover and cook for 2 mins.An authentic Bengali tangra macher jhol is delicious for a lunch or for a dinner table. Serve this simple Bengali fish recipe with boiled rice, a lemon wedge and some fresh green chillies, this will make your day.
If you liked this recipe please don’t forget to leave your comments below.