Tamatar Chaaman is a Kashmiri paneer dish which is quite famous. Paneer keeps your body warm and helps to beat the cold. This is made by adding lots of spices added to the paneer. Fried pieces of paneer are tossed/ mixed with a spicy tomato gravy.
- Paneer – 5 – 6 long slices
- Sabut jeera – 1 tsp
- Heeng – 1/4 tsp
- Tomato puree – 1/2 cup
- Saunf powder – 2 tsp
- Saunt (dry ginger powder) – 1 tsp
- Dhania powder – 1/2 tsp
- Haldi – 1/4 tsp
- Red chilli powder – to taste
- Dhania leaves – 2-3 tsp
- Salt – to taste
Tamatar Chaaman Procedure:
- In a pan put little ghee and shallow fry the paneer on both sides.
- In another pan, heat the ghee, add jeera and heeng and saute.
- To this add the tomato puree, saunf powder, and saunt, stir well.
- To this mixture add the dhania powder, haldi, salt and red chilli powder, mix thoroughly.
- Sprinkle the dhania leaves into the gravy and cook for a while
- Now it’s time to place the paneer on top of the gravy.
- Mix them very slowly and gently.
- Cook for a few minutes and Serve hot.