This Spicy Beef Broccoli Stir-Fry Chinese recipe is very healthy and a quick recipe to enjoy with your family.
- long-grain white rice (1cup )/ noodles
- toasted sesame oil, divided (3tablespoons )
- flank steak, thinly sliced against the grain (1¼lb.)
- broccoli, trimmed and cut into 2-in. pieces (1pound )
- Fresno chili, thinly sliced crosswise, optional (1small )
- garlic, thinly sliced (3cloves )
- beef broth (1cup )
- soy sauce (3tablespoons )
- light brown sugar (1½tablespoons )
- cornstarch (2teaspoons )
Spicy beef broccoli stir-fry Process
- Cook rice/noodles normally as you prepare it in general.
- In the meantime, heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large pan over high. Now add the beef and cook, toss it often, until only its become slightly pink, about 3-5 minutes. Now take it out from the heat to a bowl.
- Add broccoli and remaining 2 tbsp of oil to skillet. Cover the pan and cook, uncover the pan to toss halfway, until it becomes bright green, about 4-6 minutes. Then remove the cover and cook, stir it often, until it becomes tender, about 2-5 minutes more. Add chili, according to your taste, and garlic; cook until it becomes soft and fragrant, about 1 minute. Transfer this to another bowl.
- Mix broth, soy sauce, sugar, and cornstarch together whisk it well before adding. Add this mixture to a skillet and let it boil; cook until thickened and glossy, about 1-2 minute.
- Serve broccoli and beef over rice, drizzled with sauce, garnish it your way.