The Sorsebata Ilish Mach Recipe is popular among the people of West Bengal and Bangladesh Only Hilsa fish is used to prepare this special and favorite fish curry of West Bengal.
- hilsa – 600 gm
- mustard oil – 3 Tbsp
- mustard seeds – 2 Tbsp
- poppy seeds – 3 tsp
- chillies-slit – 6 green
- ginger paste – 4 Tbsp
- diced – 1 tomato
- panch phoron – 1 tsp
- red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
Sorsebata Ilish Mach Recipe Procedure:
- At the outset, marinate the fish with salt and turmeric.
- Soak mustard and poppy seeds. And then grind them into a fine paste.
- In a pan heat mustard oil and put panch phoron.
- To this add ginger paste and mustard-poppy paste and saute well.
- Add turmeric and red chilli powder.
- Now, put all the marinated fish with green chillies and salt to taste.
- To this add the diced tomatoes. Mix slowly and cook in a low flame.
Serve hot with steamed rice.