Sarson Ka Saag Aur Makki Ki Roti, the made for each other cuisine of Punjab. It’s very delicious and healthy option for lunch or dinner. Here I am sharing the recipe for the saag.
- sarson saag (750 gm )
- palak saag (250 gm)
- bathua saag (250 gm )
- water salt pinch (2 cups )
- Makki atta (1 1/2 cup )
- chilly (4-5 green )
- ginger (25 gm
- red pepper powder
- garam masala
- coriander powder
Sarson ka saag Process
- Add the three saags you are using for this recipe, salt and water into pressure cooker & cook over low heat for 1 hour.
- Squeeze out the water from the saag and keep saag water aside. Mash boiled saag in the cooker until finely ground, then add Makki atta and stir well.
- Now add the saag water and a little fresh water & boil again over the slow fire.
- Add chopped green chilies and ginger & cook till saag gets a good consistency.
- For tadka, add onions, ginger, garlic, red pepper powder; garam masala, dhania & fry in little oil until onions are light brown.
- Mix into saag and garnish with thinly sliced ginger fried in ghee.