Sandesh, the name in enough to give yourself a sweet treat from the authentic Bengali foods. This is very famous in Bengal as a sweet. I am sharing a simple recipe to make this special sweet with simple and easily available ingredients.
- paneer (cottage cheese)-150 gm
- khoya – grated-1/2 cup
- crushed cardamom-4 green
- kesar (saffron)-Large pinch
- sugar / gur(palm jaggery) -6 Tbsp
- almonds/pista shredded thin lengthwise-6
- In a blender blend the sugar/gur, paneer and khoya make a smooth paste.Or you can mash them together in a bowl.
- Mix in the cardamom with the blended or mashed mixture and set in a layer of 1/2″ thick.
- You can give a nice shape by your hand or you can use a shape giver for the sweets and let it be cool, then serve.
- Another way is you can refrigerate the whole thing till set and cut into squares or diamonds and serve.
- Garnish with chopped almond or pista, or you can add a touch of palm jaggery on each piece.