Royyalu Iguru is a delicious simple Andra style prawn cuisine. Andhra-style prawn fry is very famous and is made in every house. It is prepared with simple ingredients like curry leaves, coconut paste, red chillies and tamarind.
Ingredients Of Andhra Prawn Fry-Royyalu Iguru
- prawns-shelled and de-veined – 250 gm
- curry leaves – 10
- onion paste – 1/2cup
- ginger-garlic paste – 2 tsp
- coconut-grated – 2/3 cup
- whole red chillies-soaked in a little water for 1 hour – 2-3
- ground to a paste with coconut – 2-3-
- coriander powder – 2 tsp
- turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- salt – 1 tsp
- tamarind pulp – 2 tsp
- coriander leaves for garnish
How to Make Andhra Prawn Fry Royyalu Iguru
1. Wash the prawns take off the shells and leave for water to drain
2. Take a pan and heat some oil and adds curry leaves, onion and ginger-garlic paste and saute till brown.
3. Now to this add the coconut paste and saute till fat separates. Pleasent aroma is left.
4. Now add the coriander powder, turmeric and salt to this. Mix everything well and add the prawns and cook (If you cook them too long, they will become leathery). Stir them gently.
5. To this add the tamarind pulp again stir.
6. Serve Royyalu Iguru hot garnished with the coriander leaves.
This is a delicious and easy way of preparation. You can eat it along with steamed rice, chapati, dosa, etc. This is soft and boneless hence kids and aged people can eat it without fear.
Prepare it and let us know how it really tasted.