Rice Kheer is a very simple dessert but rich and creamy and of course delicious. Rice kheer is made of Milk and Rice. It is prepared for any celebrations in Punjab and also in almost all the religions of India.
Ingredients used for Rice Kheer:
Will yield about 10 servings.
- Milk- 1 Litre
- Rice – 100 grams
- Sugar – 80 grams
- Water – 100 ml
- Evaporated Milk/ condensed milk – 100 ml
- Chopped Almonds – 1 tablespoon
- Raisins – 1 tablespoon
How to prepare Rice Kheer :
- Take a bowl and wash the rice and keep them aside. Make sure you do not soak them.
- Take a thick bottomed pan heat milk over medium heat
- Once it comes to boil add the rice, keep stirring on medium heat so that rice does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add remaining milk and the rice mixture will become a creamy consistency.
- Add some water if the consistency is too thick.
- Now add the chopped almonds and raisins (fried in ghee)
- Add the sugar and keep stirring.
- Now add some Evaporated Milk( about 100 ml). This gives it a slightly creamy texture and nice colour.
- Switch off the heat and keep it covered. And garnish with chopped dry fruitsThis is easiest but all time favourite for everybody!! Try it out and let me know how it tasted.
To know more about Punjabi Cuisine, Indian Cuisine, International recipes login to Masterchefu.