Rava Kesari is a sweet dish of Karnataka. The Rava Kesari is made from semolina, milk, ghee, cashew nuts, raisins and Kesar. The Rava is roasted and mixed with ghee and nuts. Even Rava Kesari include fruits like pineapple and banana.
- 1/2 cup semolina(rava)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoon ghee
- Cashew and raisins
- Pinch saffron(kesari)
- 1/2 tablespoon cardamom powder
How to make Rava Kesari
- Firstly take pan, fry rava until crunchy on a medium flame and keep it aside.
- To the same pan add ghee and fry cashew, raisins.
- Now take bottom pan, add milk and boil on medium flame.
- Once milk is boiled, add sugar, saffron and cardamom powder, stir well.
- Reduce the flame to low. Slowly add fried rava to the milk, stirring continuously.
- Cook rava until moisture is absorbed.
- Add 1 spoon ghee and cook for 3 minutes, off the flame.
- Transfer into serving bowl and garnish with fried cashew and raisins.