Bikaneri Bhujia Recipe is one of the traditional Indian cuisine authentic snacks of Rajasthan. Everybody going to Rajasthan will taste Bikaneri Bhujia. Though it is easy and simple to make and sold in most of the places as Bikaneri Bhujia, the taste certainly varies from that of the original Bikaneri Bhujia. So let us try making the original taste in our cuisine. Try this at home and let us know how it tastes.
besan (bengal gram flour) – 1/2 cup
freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) 1 1/2 tsp
cardamom (elaichi) powder – 1/4 tsp
asafoetida (hing) – 1/4 tsp
1 tsp oil
salt to taste
oil for deep-frying
Bikaneri Bhujia Recipe Method
- Take a deep mixing bowl and combine all the ingredients and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Now, shape the dough into a cylindrical, fill the dough into a “sev press”.
- Take a deep frying pan and heat the oil. Press out thin strands of sev from the sev press into the hot oil.
- Fry the bhujia over a medium flame, fry till they turn light brown in colour.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside to cool slightly.
- Once it is cooled, crush them lightly with your fingers so that it is easy to eat.
- Cool completely and the store it in an air-tight container so that the bhujia does not become soft.
Bikaneri Bhujia Recipe tastes good with a cup of tea. Kids will love this as brunch.