Ragi porridge or Ragi Ambli is very nutritious and very delicious and energetic drink. People who do not have a practice of consuming Ragi ball can go with this Ragi Ambli. This is very nutritious for all the age groups. Try this simple but very healthy porridge.
Ragi Ambli- Ingredients: (measuring cup used = 240ml)
- ragi or finger millet flour – 3 tbsp
- water – 2 cup
- butter milk – 1 cup
- Salt as per your taste
- A big pinch of asafoetida
- onion finely chopped – 1/2
- curry leaves – 4 – 5
- Coriander leaves finely chopped (optional)
How to make Ragi Ambli or Ragi Porridge:
- Take a bowl and take ragi (finger millet) flour in it.
- To this add 1/2 cup of water and mix it well.
- Make sure there are no lumps.
- Now in another vessel take 1.5 cups of water and keep it for boiling.
- Slowly add in ragi batter and keep stirring
- Bring it to boil on low flame for 5 minutes .
- Take it off from the stove and wait until completely cool.
- Now add salt to taste.
- Add in a cup of buttermilk or whisked curd
- Mix it well.
- Add asafoetida and mix well.
- Then add finely chopped onions and finely chopped curry leaves and mix it well.
- Serve it chilled.Ragi ambli the energy , healthy drink will certainty mesmerize you.Try it and let us know how you really felt.To know more about Karnataka Cuisine and of Indian cuisine and international cuisine recipes then log into Masterchefu.