Murg Makkai Recipe is a very delicious chicken recipes of Punjab. The recipe is very easy and simple to make but delicious and makes a great combination with roti, chapathi, poori, steamed rice. Try this Indian chicken food recipe at home to give a northern flavour.
chicken breasts (skinless & boneless) – 4 medium-sized
yogurt – 2 tblsp
garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
tomatoes – 3 medium
capsicums – 2 medium sized
turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
garlic flakes – 5 – 6
oil – 1 1/2 tblsp
red chilli powder – 1 tsp
chopped coriander leaves – 1/2 cup
ginger – 1 inch
salt to taste
corn kernels – 1 cup
coriander powder – 1 tblsp
How to make Murg Makkai Recipe :
- Cut chicken breasts into one centimetre sized square pieces.
- Cut capsicums into one centimeter squares.
- Finely cut ginger and garlic.
- Grind tomatoes in a blender to make them into a puree.
- Boil corn kernels in three to four cup of salted water till soft. Remove and keep aside.
- Take a pan and heat up oil, stir-fry cut ginger and garlic briefly.
- Now, add tomato puree and stir fry on the medium-high flame heat.
- Keep stirring frequently so that the puree does not stick to the pan.
- Now add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder. Mix well.
- Add in chicken pieces and fry on medium heat.
- Mix in skimmed milk yoghurt into it and cooked corn kernels, capsicum and salt to taste.
- Mix all the ingredients well, lower heat, the masala will become little thick.
- Cook till chicken pieces are completely cooked.
- Spread coriander leaves, mix gently and serve hot Murg Makkai Recipe.