Kalakand Sweet Recipe is the all-time favourite sweet of Punjabi Cuisine. It is served on every occasion in Punjab. It is very delicious Indian Cuisine and very simple to try at home. As Diwali is nearing you can make this milky sweet to serve kids and your guests.
milk powder – 1 1/2 cups
fresh cream – 1 1/2 cups
sugar – 3/4 cup
cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
For The Garnish
almond (badam) slivers – 1 tbsp
pistachio slivers – 1 tbsp
Kalakand Sweet Recipe Procedure
- Take a non-stick pan, combine all the ingredients except the cardamom powder. Mix everything well without any lumps.
- Now, cook it on a medium flame for 15 minutes. Till it becomes thick.
- Make sure you keep stirring the mixture. At the same time scraping the sides of the pan to include the substance that is stuck to the sides of the pan.
- Remove from the flame and add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Now, transfer the mixture immediately into a greased plate and spread it evenly with a knife or a spoon.
- Garnish it with dry nuts and silver foils and pat.
- Keep aside to cool and set for 3 hours.
- Cut into pieces and serve or keep refrigerated till serving.
- Kalakand sweet recipe stays fresh for a week when refrigerated, so you can make them 2-3 days before Diwali and be free on the day of Diwali.