- Prawn Sukka is one of the most famous cuisines of Karnataka.
- It is very popular in the coastal areas of Karnataka.
- This non-veg recipe is made of prawn and the richness of freshly grated coconut.
- Try this at home and let us know it came out !
- King Prawns (shelled, deveined and cleaned) – 15
- Onion, chopped – 1
- Tomato, chopped – 1 1/2
- Ginger, chopped – 1 inch
- Garlic Flakes, crushed – 3
- Green Chili, chopped – 2
- Mustard seed – 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves, few springs
- Dry Red Chili – 1
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
For the Dry Paste:
- Coriander seeds, roasted – 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds, roasted – 1 tsp
- Dry Red Chili, roasted – 6-7
- Mustard seeds, roasted – 1/4
- Fenugreek seeds, roasted – a pinch
- Fresh Coconut, grated – 1/2 cup
- Tamarind paste – 1 tsp
Prawn Sukka Instructions:
- Removing its head, shell and clean it.
- At the outset, grind all the ingredients under dry paste, except for the grated coconut and tamarind.
- Make a fine powder of them. Now add the rest of the ingredients and grind it coarsely. Let the coconut paste be coarse. Keep it aside.
- Take a thick bottomed pan or non-stick pan and heat oil, to this add mustard seeds, garlic, dry red chilli and curry leaves.
- Then chopped onions and saute until translucent.
- Add green chilli and ginger, give a stir.
- Now add chopped tomatoes, cook it for 5 mins until they become soft.
- Now it the time to add prawns!!
- Now, add turmeric and salt to taste. Mix well but gently.
- Add water cook the prawns for another 5 -6 mins in medium flame with lid closed.
- Now add the Dry coconut paste and mix gently.
- Cook it for about 2-3 mins and turn off the gas.
- The hot and spicy Prawns Sukka is ready to serve.