This recipe is authentic Bengali cuisine recipe prepared with spices and coconut milk. It’s an ideal side Indian cuisine dish for white rice.It’s another name called as prawn malaikari.
- White prawns (size and quantity of your choice)
- Mustard oil (you can use vegetable oil)
- Cumin seeds
- Ginger paste
- Cumin and coriander powder( Roasted and Grounded)
- Red chili powder
- Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of Garam Masala( Roasted and Grounded)
- Coconut milk
- Green Chili
Prawn malaikari Process
- Wash the prawns gently, add some turmeric powder and salt into it and mix.( you can avoid turmeric powder if you want the curry to be white)
- Heat oil in a pan and add sugar and cumin seeds.
- Add 2 tbsp of ginger paste, 1 tsp of cumin-coriander powder,1 tsp of red chili powder and turmeric powder ( you can avoid turmeric powder if you want the curry to be white) and sauté them well.
- Now add the prawns and slit green chilies and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the coconut milk, cook for few minutes and then add salt.
- In the end sprinkle freshly grounded garam masala, a little bit of grounded coconut to garnish and ghee on top and serve hot with white rice.