Goan Prawn Ambot Tik Recipe:
Prawn Ambot Tik is a wonderful as well as an easy non-veg recipe to try.
The prawns are cooked in a mild spicy curry which has a tasty thrust of tamarind.
You can also get ready this recipe with the fish of your preference or chicken if you so desire.
This wonderful Christmas special Goan prawn food recipe of Prawn Ambot Tik and have an enjoyable treat.
- Prawns- 1kg (de-veined)
- Dry red chilies- 6-7
- Peppercorns- 8-10
- Turmeric powder- 1tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Cumin seeds- 1tsp
- Garlic- 8 cloves
- Ginger- 1 medium sized piece
- Tamarind paste- 2tbsp
- Onions- 2 (thinly sliced)
- Oil- 2tbsp
- Warm water- 1 ½ cups
- Wash and clean the prawns correctly with water and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan and drop in the cumin seeds, peppercorns, and dry red chilies.
- Dry roast all these ingredients for 3-4 minutes on a medium flame.
- Switch off the heat and allow the mixture to cool down completely.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a pan and fry the sliced onions for about 4-5 minutes on medium flame.
- As it turns golden brown in colour, switch off the flame and let it cool.
- Grind the dry roasted spices, ginger, garlic and the fried onions together in the mixer.
- Add a little water to make a smooth paste. Heat one tablespoon of oil in a pan and pour in the prepared masala paste.
- Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Now add in the turmeric powder, salt, tamarind paste, and water. Mix well and bring it to a boil.
- As the gravy starts to boil, add the prawns. Mix well, cover and cook for 10-15 minutes on low flame.
- Once done, switch off the flame and serve. Tasty Prawn Ambot Tik recipe is prepared to be served.
- Enjoy this delightful Christmas recipe with steamed rice or Goan rice cakes.