Pork Sorpotel Recipe is a dish of Portuguese origin. Now commonly cooked in the Konkan coastal region of India. Mangalore and East Indians of Mumbai but very popular in Goa. It cooked in northeastern Brazil. This is compulsorily cooked for all the special occasions.
- Pork boneless – 1 kg
- Onions-chopped – 1 cup
- Ginger-chopped – 1 Tbsp
- Garlic-chopped – 2 tsp
- Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 Tbsp
- Clove powder – 1/4 tsp
- Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Vinegar – 1 Tbsp
- Cumin seed powder – 2 tsp
- 1/4 cup oil
- salt to taste
Pork Sorpotel Recipe Procedure:
- In a utensil, boil pork for 5 minutes. Then take it off from the utensil and cool then dice into small pieces. (meat stock is used later)
- In a thick bottomed pan, heat oil and saute meat over high heat.
- In a pan, heat oil and put onions and saute till pink, add chopped garlic and ginger till they turn light brown.
- To this add meat and the meat stock, along with the turmeric, chilli powder, clove, black pepper, cumin, and vinegar.
- Cook well in summer.
It can be served with rice, idli, dosa and what not!!