Phirni is a delicious dessert of Punjab.
It is loved by everyone who tastes it.
It is certainly a wonderful dessert to serve for your guests.
It is a creamy rich dessert made with ground rice combined with milk.
Try this at home to quench your sweet tooth.
2. milk (full cream) – 1 lt
3. Rice ( prefer basmati) – 4 tbsp
4. Sugar – 6 tbsp
For The Garnish
1. a few chopped almonds
2. Stands of saffron
How to prepare Punjabi Phirni at home:
- Take a pan and dry roast the saffron strands just for 10 seconds.
- Soak these strands in a 1 tbsp of milk and keep aside.
- Take a bowl and soak the rice in water for about 1 hour.
- Wash and drain the water from the rice.
- Pat dry with an absorbent towel and
blend in a mixer, make sure that is is coarsly powdered.
- Now, add ½ cup of cold milk to this powdered rice and
mix well to make a paste. Keep aside.
- Boil the rest of the milk in a thick-bottomed pan and gently stir in the rice paste.
- Cook for about 15 minutes on a slow flame, keep stirring continuously.
- Now it time to add sugar and saffron mixture. cook for a few more minutes.
- Pour this into earthenware containers or small pots and keep aside to cool.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve chilled garnished with almonds and saffron strands.