Pesarattu is a very healthy dosa like preparation. It is a native of Andhra cuisine. It is made with green gram eaten as a breakfast meal.
- moong dal – cleaned and soaked for an hour – 2 cups
- rice – cleaned and soaked for an hour – 1/2 cup
- Green chillies – chopped to taste
- asafoetida powder – 1/4 Tsp
- 1 tsp salt
- coriander leaves – chopped – 1/4 cup
- onions – chopped oil – 1/4 cup
- Oil for pan frying
How to Make Pesarattu (Green Gram Dosa)
- Take the soaked daal and drain and grind coarsely.
- Mix in the chilies, salt, coriander, and onions, grind it to make a dropping consistency.
- Take a pan and heat it and pour few drops of oil
- And immediately pour some batter and spread out.
- Put oil all around and a little bit on top.
- Cook it for a minute.Serve it with coconut chutney. The Pesarattu is a healthy breakfast. To know more about Andhra Cuisine, Indian Cuisine, International cuisines login to Masterchefu.