Perad (Guava Cheese) is a typical Goan Dessert. The flavour of guava is ultimate and mout watering. Very healthy and will be loved by kids. The pink-fleshed guavas are very tempting.
- Seedless pink fleshed guava- (1 kg)
- Sugar – 2-3 cups
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Water – 5-6 cups
Learn how to prepare Perad (Guava Cheese)
- At the outset, wash and cut guavas into tiny pieces.
- Take a large saucepan, add water and bring it to a boil.
- To this add the guava pieces and cook for 10–15 mins. Make sure the pulp becomes soft.
- Once done, sieve the pulp and remove seeds and skin.
- In a non-stick pan, add strained pulp, lemon juice, salt and sugar and cook for 15–20 mins until the mixture leaves the side of the pan.
- Now the texture will be jelly-like.
- Remove the pan from the flame and immediately pour the mixture into a greased plate or mould.
- Let it cool to the room temperature.
- Cut them into squares or into desired shapes.
- When cool, transfer it into an air-tight container and keep refrigerated and store it for alonger time.