Nannari Sherbet is a refreshing summer beverage. It is a healthy drink and has cooling properties. The best drink to beat the scorching summer heat.
Nannari roots or Sugandhi – 250 gms
Water – 2 lts
Sugar – 1 kg
Citric Acid – large pinch
Lemon Juice – as required
Ice cubes – as required
How to prepare Nannari Sherbet:
- Pound the washed Nannari roots.
- Do not use the central white portion of the roots.
- Use the outer dark portion of the roots and dry it under the sun for a day.
- Soak these roots overnight in 2 litres of water.
- Next morning, boil the roots along with the soaked water till it reduces to half and strains the liquid.
- To this add 1 kg sugar and boil it till it turns slightly thick and sticky make sure you do not over boil it.
- Let it cool completely and store in a clean bottle.
- To preserve the syrup, add a pinch of citric acid and mix.
- To make the drink, pour 3 heaped tablespoons of the Nannari syrup into a glass
- To this add 1 1/2 tbs of lemon juice and chilled water add ice cubes.
- Serve chilled and enjoy the drink
This is a wonderful drink to keep you cool all the way in this summer.