This nadroo yakhni recipe is very popular yogurt based Kashmiri cuisine. A nice way to prepare lotus steam with some aromatic spices.how to cook Indian nadroo yakhni Kashmir recipe.
- lotus stem (500 gm )
- yogurt (500 gm )
- ghee (100 gm )
- dry ginger powder (25 gm )
- green cardamom powder (25 gm )
- fennel powder (50 gm )
- bay leaves (small 2 pcs/ 1 large)
- asafoetida (1/2 tsp)
- Salt (to taste)
Nadroo yakhni Process
- Cut the lotus stems around 1/2 inch pieces.
- whip the yogurt gently.
- Cook the lotus steam into boiling water for 10 mins.
- Now add all the spices along with the lotus steam and yogurt and cook for 15 mins. Stir it constantly until the lotus root is tender and the gravy becomes creamy.
- Serve hot with rice.