Naat Yakkhn is basically Kashmiri Lamb curry prepared by yogurt and other ingredients.
- lamb cut into large pieces (700 gm )
- water (2 1/2 liters )
- ground garlic (1 1/4 tsp )
- Salt to taste
- cardamoms (8 green )
- cardamoms (4 black )
- 6 cloves
- turmeric powder (2 tsp )
- dry ginger powder (1/2 tsp)
- onion paste-fried (1 1/2 Tbsp )
- yogurt (1 cup )
- Kashmiri red chili powder (2 tsp, dissolved in 1/2 cup water )
- Ghee (1/2 cup )
- cockscomb (mawal) flowers (1/2 cup dry, heated with 1/2 cup water; extract)
- black cumin seeds (1/2 tsp )
- dry mint leaves (1/2 tsp )
Naat yakkhn Process:
- Take a heavy bottom pan and pour the water and bring it to boil.
- Now add the lamb and take out the scum that comes to the surface.
- After the water is clear, add some garlic and continue to boil for 5-6 minutes.
- Now add sufficient salt and cook until the lamb is half done or little tender.
- Add in the green and black cardamoms, cloves, onion paste, ginger powder, turmeric powder, yogurt, red chili water, and ghee.
- Mix all the ingredients well, reduce heat and cook covered until the lamb becomes more tender.
- Now the time to add cockscomb flower extract and add in some black cumin seeds.
- Stir and mix well and sprinkle dry mint leaves.