Mysore Pak is the dessert of Karnataka cuisine, prepared especially during festivals.
- sugar (1 cup)
- water (1 cup)
- chick-pea flour (1 cup )
- ghee (2 cups)
Mysore Pak Process:
- Make the besan ready.
- Now dissolve the sugar in the water over little heat and once it dissolves completely, increases the flame, bring to a boil and cook till it reduced by one-third consistency.
- Time to add 1 tablespoon of besan and stir to mix well. Keep on adding and mixing till all the besan is added, a tablespoon at a time.
- While mixing add the ghee, one tablespoon each time till all of it is used.
- The color will become brown and crumbly.
- Set this entire mixture on a thali, patting to level.
- Do not remove ghee if it floats on top, pat it back into the mixture.
- Cool this and cut, serve.