- 1kg – Mutton
- 4- Onions
- 1tbsp – Ginger-garlic paste
- 1 cup – Yogurt
- 1- Tomato
- 1tbsp- Cumin powder
- 1tbsp – Coriander powder
- 1tsp-Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1tsp – Turmeric powder
- 1tsp – Garam masala powder
- 2 – Bay leaves
- 1 -Cinnamon stick
- 3 – Green cardamoms
- 5 – Cloves
- 1tsp – Sugar
- Salt- as per taste
- 2tbsp – Mustard oil
- 2tsp – Coriander leaves-(chopped, for garnish)
Mutton kosha recipe Directions
- At the outset marinate the meat with yogurt, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and one tablespoon of mustard oil.
- Keep aside for 2 – 3 hours
- In a blender grind the onions and tomato together into a paste. Take a pan and heat mustard oil in it and to this add the cinnamon, cardamoms, bay leaves, cloves one by one.
- to this add the onion and tomato paste. fry is nicely for about 5 minutes on low flame. Let the raw smell go off.
- Then, add ginger-garlic paste, cumin powder, and coriander powder. Fry for 3-4 minutes on low flame. Make sure nothing gets burnt.
- Now it’s the time to add the mutton pieces and salt.
- Cook it in a very low flame for about 45 minutes, stirring at regular intervals.
- Now, add garam masala powder and mix well.
- Once the mutton gets completely cooked, switch off the flame and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Mutton kosha recipe will taste ultimate with roti, steamed rice, chapathi, naan. It is one of the very easy but delicious recipes.