- Olive oil – 1 tbs
- Butter – 25 gm
- Onion, chopped – 1
- Sliced mushrooms – 200 gm
- Arborio rice – 1/2 cups
- White wine (optional) – 1/4 cup
- Hot chicken stock/veg stock – 4 cups
- Parmesan cheese grated – 1/3 cup
- Parsley – 1 tbp
- Extra butter just before serving – 25 grams
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
Mushroom Risotto Procedure:
- In a pan add oil and butter and saute onion and mushrooms till soft.
- Cook rice till transparent, add wine if it’s dry.
- Pour in 1 ladle of stock stir well. In simmer gently for several minutes and close the lid till rice looks dry.
- Add more stock, keep stirring. Keep repeating the process till rice is just cooked (it might take about 25 minutes).
- Add salt to taste.
- Now turn the heat and stir in parmesan cheese, parsley, you can always add extra butter if using and now add some pepper to taste.