Muji Gaad Fish Radish Recipe is served on festivals and several special occasions in Kashmir. This dish is made up of fish and radish. This dish has a unique yet amazing flavour and aroma. It is one of the authentic dishes of Kashmir. This dish is extensively prepared during festivals like ‘Gaada Bata’ in the month of December. Hence if you are in Kashmir during December do not miss to taste it and if not then try this at home.
- trout – cut with skin on – 2 pounds
- daikon radish cut into pieces – 1 pound
- Mustard oil
- Kashmiri chili powder – 2 Tbs
- ginger powder – 1tsp
- turmeric – 1/2 tsp
- fennel powder – 4 -5 tsp
- shahi zeera (black cumin) – 1/2 tsp
- salt to taste
- Grind the follow into a fine powder and pass through a sieve to make it a fine powder
- bishop’s weed – 1/4 tsp
- cinnamon stick – 2″
- brown cardamoms – 4
- green cardamoms – 2
- cloves – 7-8
- cumin -1tsp
Muji Gaad Fish Radish Recipe Procedure:
- Take a pan and heat up the mustard oil and deep fry the fish.
- Now, fry up the radish pieces until light golden in color
- In a heavy bottomed pan, add 2 -3 Tbs of oil
- In a bowl take 1/4 Cup of water and add in the Kashmiri chillis into it and add this to the hot oil.
- Cook until the oil floats on top. Make sure you keep stirring.
- To this add rest of the spices, except the fish masala.
- Gently stir and let it cook. Now, add 3 cups of water and salt. Let it boil.
- Now, add the radish and cook this mixture for about 10 minutes on a medium heat with a closed lid.
- Now add the fish and the fish Masala, cook for about 10 minutes.
- Do not stir, as there are chances of fish getting into pieces.
- Let the dish rest for an hour at least before serving Muji Gaad Fish Radish Recipe with rice, Haakh and lot of love