When I think to prepare something very healthy I either prefer to prepare dal or any coconut based curries. I love to experiment with dal and I am sharing a recipe of mixed vegetable dal basically, I mixed 3 different types of dals and added some vegetables that were in my stock to make it, even more, healthier.
- Choice of your dal of 1/4 cup each
- 1 Finely chopped onion
- 3 Garlic cloves chopped
- Green chili chopped
- 1 inch of ginger finely chopped
- Cashews nuts
- 1 long bay leaf
- 1/2 tablespoon of Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of Cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of Red chili powder
- Then 1 teaspoon of Garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of Kitchen king masala (optional)
- 8 Broccoli florets / Cauliflower chopped
- 1 Carrot finely chopped
- 1 Capsicum finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of fresh green peas or Frozen green peas
- 2 strandsCoriander leaves chopped
- Salt according to your taste
- 1 tablespoon of Vegetable oil / Butter
Mixed vegetable dal Process
- In a pressure cooker wash and that 3 different dal you choose and water, bring it to boil. Close the lid and pressure cook for about 8 minutes or 3-4 whistles. Check the water is at least half inch above the daal.
- Once the cooker is cooled down, remove the lid and whisk the cooked daal until it is blended into a smooth paste.
- Now in a non-stick pan add bay leaf, vegetable oil, cumin seeds and crushed cashews nuts and saute till it becomes light brown in color.
- Now add the chopped onion, green chili, ginger, garlic cloves and turmeric powder, a pinch of salt and saute till it becomes transparent.
- Add all the chopped vegetables and saute it. You can add any vegetables of your want.
- Now add the cooked daal, red chili powder, garam masala powder, kitchen king masala(optional), water for desired consistency, salt to taste and boil it and stir occasionally.
- Now add the coriander leaves and mix well.
- The mixed Vegetable Dal is now ready. Serve hot with rice or chapati and enjoy.