Methi Papad is a Gujarati cuisine. It is easy and very delicious. It is a healthy food for all age group. It can be consumed for breakfast or even for lunch.
fenugreek (methi) seeds – 1 1/2 tbsp
raw papad , broken into big pieces – 1 1/2 cups
oil – 2 1/2 tsp
mustard seeds ( rai / sarson) – 1/2 tsp
asafoetida (hing) – 1/4 tsp
turmeric powder (haldi) – 1/4 tsp
chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
coriander-cumin seeds (dhania-jeera) powder – 1/2 tsp
grated jaggery (gur) – 1 tbsp
salt to taste
How to prepare Methi Papad:
- Soak the fenugreek seeds in hot water for 30 minutes
- Drain it and pressure cook for 3 whistles with fresh water.
- Again drain out the excess water and keep aside.
- Take a nonstick pan and heat some oil and add the mustard seeds and asafoetida.
- Let the seeds crackle, add 1½ cups of water, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, jaggery and salt, mix well and cook on a slow flame. Let it boil.
- Add the fenugreek seeds and papad, mix well and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve immediately with rotlis.