Methi Muthia is basically made of fenugreek leaf. It is a healthy breakfast for Gujarat. Methi Muthia is another favorites snack from the Gujarati cuisine.
- chopped fenugreek (methi) leaves (1 1/4 cups)
- whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta,1/4 cup)
- besan (Bengal gram flour,1/4 cup )
- ginger-green chilli paste (1 1/2 tsp)
- sugar (1 1/4 tbsp )
- chilli powder (1/2 tsp )
- turmeric powder (Haldi,1/4 tsp )
- baking soda (1/2 tsp )
- oil (1 1/2 tbsp )
- salt to taste
Methi Muthia Process:
- Put together the methi leaves and a little salt in a bowl, mix well and rest it for 5 minutes and squeeze out all the excess water from the methi leaves.
- Now mix the methi and all the listed ingredients and, 1 tbsp of water in a heavy bottom bowl and knead it and make a soft dough.
- Time to divide the mixture into equal portions and shape each portion roughly or your choice of shape.
- Heat the oil in a pan, depending on the size of the muthia add few muthias in oil and deep-fry the shaped mixture on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in color from all the sides.
- After that keep this on an absorbent paper. Serve immediately.