Meet Mirsang-Mangalorean Fish fry recipe is very delicious and spicy. Though the recipe is simple, everybody loves it. The masala that is the marinade is called Meet Mirsang which is the main ingredient for any fish fry in Mangalore. This marinade can be used whenever you want if you preserve it in an airtight container. It can be used even for fish curry and other recipes.
Meet Mirsang-Mangalorean Fish fry recipe
Ingredients for Meet Mirsang Paste
- Chili Powder – 4 tablespoons
- Cumin (Roasted Powder) – 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric (Powder) – 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt – 3/4 teaspoon
- White Vinegar – 6 tablespoons
- Pomfret (whole , approx) – 1
- Meet Mirsang Paste – 1 – 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Salt to taste
- Coconut Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Onions (and Lime for garnishing)
How to cook Mangalorean Fish Fry:
- Now take a wide bowl or a vessel, now all the dry ingredients and add vinegar to make a smooth but thick paste.
- You can always store this paste for more than a month in an airtight container.
- Now, make slits on the fish with a sharp knife.
- And apply the meet Mirsang paste (masala) on the fish thoroughly.
- Apply the paste into the slits as well and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Feel free to use more marinade if you like it extra spice and hot.
- After an hour, take a shallow frying pan and heat coconut oil and slide the fish in.
- Fry it in a medium flame for 5 – 7 minutes.
- Serve hot with onion rings and lemon slices.
Meet Mirsang-Mangalorean fish fry recipe is very simple but tastes awesome and activates your taste buds. This Sunday go to the fish market and but any fish and try it out you will certainly love it. To try more exciting Karnataka cuisines and of rest of India login to Master Chefu.