This Meen moilee is not just a simple fish curry because it’s absolutely sensational. The flavor of coconut and cocoum knew as kudampuli take this dish to a whole new.
- coconut oil (1 Tbsp )
- black mustard seeds (1 tsp )
- urad dal (2 tsp )
- curry leaves (1 tsp )
- ginger(2 Tbsp ,julienne )
- green chili (1 Tbsp, julienne)
- onion (8 Tbsp sliced)
- Maggi coconut milk powder (10 Tbsp )
- turmeric powder (1/2 tsp )
- tomatoes (7 Tbsp, blanched and chopped)
- pomfret fillet, without skin (6 pieces,70-80g each)
- coriander (2 Tbsp, chopped)
- fine sugar (1 pinch)
- Salt to taste
- basmati rice (8 Tbsp )
- For Plating (optional)
- banana leaf (1 )
Meen Moilee Process:
- Take a heavy bottom pan and heat coconut oil.
- Toss in black mustard seeds and urad dal. Fry till dal changes, its color to golden brown.
- Now one by one add curry leaves, ginger julienne and green chili julienne, sliced onion saute till golden in color.
- Time to add coconut milk and turmeric powder.
- Keep it on low flame for 2-3 minutes and then add tomato.
- Add fish fillets and simmer for 1-2 minute.
- Now add chopped coriander and season with salt.
- Serve hot with steamed rice and enjoy meen moilee.