Medhu Vada Recipe is a very wonderful snack of Tamil Nadu cuisine. It is served along with meals as well. It can be eaten any time of the day. Urd is very good for health and helps in memory.
- Split husked black gram (dhuli urad), soaked for 4-6 hours – 1 cup
- Asafoetida – 1/4 tsp
- Powdered black pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Chopped coriander leaves – 1 Tbsp
- Finely chopped ginger – 1 tsp
- Finely chopped green chillies – 1/2 tsp
- Oil for frying
- Salt for taste
Medhu Vada Recipe Procedure:
- Grind daal into a smooth paste.
- Add salt, asafoetida and the black pepper to it.
- Beat well to make it fluffy.
- To this add, coriander leaves, ginger and the green chillies.
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Shape the mixture into flat-rounds and make a hole in the center. Slowly leave this into the hot oil and fry.
- First, fry over high heat then over lowered heat till brown.
- Serve it with chatni or sambar or even with thick curd it tastes awesome.