Mawa misri Recipe or mawa mishri is a traditional Rajasthani dessert. They are served on all special occasions. If you are at Rajasthan then never miss this delicious dessert.
- whole milk – 1 liter
- Ghee – 10 gm
- Condensed milk – 250 gm
- Sliced almonds -50 gm
- Sugar -50 gm
- Cardamom powder – 5 gm
- Crystal sugar (Mishri) -50 gm
- Pista or any dry nuts – to garnish
Mawa Misri Recipe Procedure:
- In a pan put some ghee, pour in the milk and bring to a boil. Keep stirring the milk until reduced to half its quantity.
- Now add the condensed milk and cook for a while, do not forget to stir constantly to avoid sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Cook this also until it reduces to quarter of its original quantity.
- Now, its time to add almonds, cardamom and sugar.
- Cook this for 5 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Allow it to cool and now add the crystal sugar. This should be mixed thoroughly.
- Refrigerate and while serving garnished with pista or any dry nuts.