Masala Dosa Recipe:
A Masala dosa is South Indian, fermented crepe made from rice thrash and black lentils.
Especially, when you substance it with a lightly cooked rich of potatoes, fried onions and spices.
Ingredients for Masala Dosa:
- 1-1/2 cups long grain rice
- 1/2 cup urad dal (polished black lentil or white lentil)
- 3 quarts water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 – 2 green chilies, chopped
- Then, 1 Tbs. ghee (clarified butter) or regular butter
- 1/2 tsp. black mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp. chana dal (split black chickpeas)
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 2 large potatoes, boiled
- 8 oz. coconut, cilantro and tomato chutney (optional)
- 16 oz. sambar (vegetable lentil stew, optional)
Prepare Dosa Batter:
- Soak rice and urad dal in divide bowls for 4-6 hours. Strain.
- Process rice and urad dal mix in a commercial grinder or food processor.
- While grinding, put in water a cup at a time until it reaches the constancy of pancake thrash.
- Salt to taste.
- Cover mixture and let sit overnight. Do not keep cold; it needs to the excitement.
Prepare Masala Dosa Filling:
- Add oil or ghee to a skillet.
- Add mustard seeds and chana dal.
- Shake mixture over the flame until golden brown.
- Add curry leaves (whole leaf), green chiles, and onions.
- Sprinkle turmeric powder and salt (for taste). Stir.
- Smash up the boiled potato into small chunks and add them to your mixture. Add water and mix.
Prepare Masala Dosa:
- Pour refrigerated dosa mixture into a small bowl with a flat bottom.
- Pour batter into a greased skillet.
- At once, starting from the middle, start on forming a circular shape with the batter using the flat-bottomed plate.
- Brush on ghee (or regular butter) to frying dosa.
- Place filling near the center of the dosa.
- Lightly lift the edges of the dosa.
- Begin rolling from the edge of the dosa as you would a wrap.
- Remove dosa from hot top or skillet.
- Masala Dosa is typically served with coconut, cilantro and tomato chutney as well as sambar.
South Indian Diet food for Weight Loss:
If you are a south Indian and looking to lose weight in nature, but only by eating south Indian food recipes.
Masterchefu team is going to share the best south Indian diet foods.
which one can effortlessly plan their diet without compromising their usual food.
if you are living in one of the south Indian states say Tamil and would like to lose weight.
Then you can go for Tamil Nadu get diet foods for weight loss.
Read More Detailed about South Indian Diet Plan for Weight Loss