This mangodi curry is a light soup, but some people also prefer slightly thick. This is a Himachali Recipe. In this Himachali mangodi curry made by Indian cuisine.
- moong daal pakodas (2 -3 cups day old lentil fritters)
- tomatoes, (3 plum , chopped)
- onion, (1 small chopped)
- ginger, (2 inch.chopped)
- garlic, (7-8 cloves minced)
- dhaniya powder (2 tsp. coriander)
- haldi powder (1 tsp ,turmeric)
- amchur powder (1 tsp. , dry mango powder)
- jeera seeds (1 tsp. , cumin)
- Red chilli powder to taste
- cilantro, (3 – 4 tbsp., chopped)
- Salt to taste
Mangodi Curry Process
- Take tomatoes , onion, garlic, ginger with little bit of water and griend it into a smooth paste with the help of a grinder.
- Takr 3 tbsp. oil in a heavy bottom pan and add jeera seeds.
- When the seeds begin crackle , add the the grinded tomato mixture.
- Then cook well for about 15 minutes.
- Now add the amchur, haldi, dhaniya, salt and chilli powder.
- Mix all the ingredients well and cover the pot, cook on a medium flame for about 15 minutes.
- Now add about 5 cups of hot water and stir well.
- Now put the pakodas and allow the gravy to come to a boil.
- Next uncover the pot and cook for about 10 minutes, until the pakodas have absorbed the gravy.But do not let it completely absorb the gravy.
- You dish is ready ,remove from the heat, garnish with coriander and serve hot with basmati rice/ normal rice or roti.