The Mamsam Koora is one of the most famous recipes of Andhra pradesh. it is very spicy and can be made with minimal ingredients. Chapati, roti, naan, poori, rice can be consumed with this Mamsam Koora Recipe. The recipe is very simple and easy to prepare but tastes delicious.
- Mutton – 1 Kg
- Mutton Masala – 2 cups
- Onions – 3 medium
- Coriander Powder – 7 tsp
- Green Chillies – 5 medium
- A Pinch Turmeric powder
- Red Chilli Powder – 8 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cooking Oil – 5 tsp
Procedure to prepare Mamsam Koora :
- Cut the mutton into small to medium pieces.
- Drain all the water from meat.
- Take a pressure cooker and heat oil in in it and add sliced onions, slit green chillies and saute well till the aroma come out.
- When the onions turn brown add the Mutton Masala. Cook till the masala is cooked well.
- To this add mutton pieces and mix everything well.
- Cook mutton with 3 whistles.
- Now open the lid and bring to boil, you will find the mutton leaving a lot of water. Make sure all the water gets evaporated.
- Once water gets evaporated, add coriander powder, chilli powder, salt, turmeric and mix thoroughly.
- Now again add 1 -2 cups of water and cover with a lid and cook for 5 munites and the Mamsam Koora is read.