Mughlai food of Uttar Pradesh is irresistible. Most of the luxury cuisines are reminiscent of the Mughal glory. Most of the cuisines are rich in nuts, cream, spices and ghee/oil. Fried foods are very famous and are a must during the festival. One of such is the Malai Kabab. Let us learn how to make it.
- Fresh cream – 1 cup
- Boneless chicken legs – 4 – cut into small pieces
- Salt to taste
- Garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- Ginger paste – 1 teaspoon
- Nutmeg powder – a pinch
- Black pepper powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Juice – 1 lemon
- Processed cheese grated – 1 cup
- Cornflour/ cornstarch – ½ tablespoon
- Green cardamom powder – a pinch
- Silver warq / foil for garnishing
- Oil for greasing
How to make Malai Kabab:
- You will need an oven, preheat at 180° C and grease the baking tray with oil.
- Take a bowl and add chicken pieces, salt, garlic paste, ginger paste, nutmeg powder, black pepper powder and lemon juice and mix everything well and set aside for 20 minutes.
- In a separate bowl mash the cheese and add cornflour and cardamom powder. To this add all the chicken pieces and mix well.
- Now add cream and mix gently and marinate for ½ hour.
- Gently string the chicken pieces onto skewers.
- Place them on a baking tray, apply the remaining marinade on them
- Keep the tray in the preheated oven.
- Cook, turning sides, for about 16-18 minutes
- Transfer the chicken to a serving dish, decorate with silver foil
The Malai Kabab is juicy and delicious rich with cream. Everybody will certainly love it.