Mackerel pickle (Bangdya Lonche) very famous pickle that will taste delicious with red steamed rice. Mackerel(Bangde) is one of the highly recommended oily fish for a health. It is rich in essential oils, vitamins and minerals. Try this delicious non veg (fish) pickle at home.
3 (medium sized) – Mackerels(Bangdya)
10 cloves (crushed) – Garlic
2 tbspn – Chilly powder
2 tspn – Turmeric powder
1 tbspn – Tamarind pulp
1 tspn – Mustard seeds
½ tspn- Fenugreek
¼ tspn – Asafoetida
3 tbspn – Oil
Salt to taste
Mackerel pickle Method:
- Clean the fish thoroughly and cut each mackerel into 4 pieces.
- Apply salt for 10 mins and wash mildly.
- Take a mixing bowl and mix red chilly powder, turmeric powder and tamarind pulp and adding little water to make a fine paste.
- Take a pan and heat the oil. In this tamper mustard seeds, fenugreek and asafoetida.
- Now, add the crushed garlic and curry leaves, continue to stir and fry until light brown in low flame.
- It time to add mackerel pieces and add the paste and gently stir. Cook over a low heat for about 10- 15 mins.
- Leave it with pan covered for 10-15 mins.
Mackerel pickle (Bangdya Lonche) can be preserved for more than a month in an airtight container.