Lifafa Paneer Paratha:
Lifafa Paneer Paratha is a very delicious paratha made in Punjab.
It is very soft shaped like an envelope to hold the tangy and peppy paneer stuffing.
Making the flour dough with milk and ghee imparts a crusty and soft texture to the envelope, while the addition of mint, coriander and lemon juice gives the stuffing a zesty feel.
Serve the Lifafa Paneer Paratha immediately in preparation with your favorite chutney, sauce, subzi or simply curd.
plain flour (maida) – 2 cups
milk – 1 cup
melted ghee – 1 tbsp
salt to taste
To Be Mixed Into A Stuffing
grated paneer (cottage cheese) – 2 cups
finely chopped coriander (dhania) – 1 cup
finely chopped mint leaves (phudina) – 1/2 cup
Then finely chopped onions – 1/4 cup
lemon juice – 1 tsp
sugar – 1 tsp
green chilli paste -1 tsp
salt to taste
plain flour (maida) for rolling
melted butter for cooking
- Mix all the ingredients for stuffings and divide the stuffing into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Take a mixing bowl and combine plain flour, ghee, milk, and salt. Knead into a soft dough without using any water.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and roll each portion into a 200 mm.
- Place little stuffing in the center and fold 2 opposite corners of the roti over the filling, overlapping them slightly.
- Now fold the remaining 2 sides to seal the stuffing well.
- Take a non-stick tava and heat oil and cook the paratha.
- Use a little butter, till they are golden brown.
- Serve immediately.