When you think about Rajasthani cuisine, then there must be a name of Rajasthani laal maas. It’s a very popular dish among the very popular Rajasthani dishes. Here is the recipe for Laal Maas.
- 1/2 kg Mutton
- 1 cup Yogurt / Curd
- 2 to 3 tbsp Kashmiri Chilli Powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder / Malli Podi
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder/ Manjal Podi
- 1/2 kg Onion sliced thinly
- Salt to taste
- 3 cm Cinnamon Stick / Pattai
- 1 Black Cardamom
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 4 tbsp Ghee
Laal Maas Process
- Take the Yogurt mix it with turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, chilli powder, coriander powder in a bowl, whip it well and keep aside.
- In a pressure cooker heat ghee, add the cinnamon stick and black cardamom.
- Now add sliced onions, salt and cook until golden brown.
- Now add the mutton into it and toss well in the onions.
- Pour the curd mix and toss well till the colour become dark.
- Add enough water and mix well.
- Cover and pressure with its lid cook for 5 whistles, then simmer the flame and cook for more 15 mins. Turn off the heat and wait for the steam to be escaped by itself.
- Serve with Roti or Rice.