The Komal is a typical Gujarati summer drink. As the name says it is indeed a soothing drink during scorching summer. The coconut milk is very good for health, it improves skin and whisked curd hydrates your body. Now let us try this unique summer drink.
curds (dahi), whisked – 1 cup
coconut milk – 1 cup
chopped coriander (dhania) – 1 tbsp
green chillies, slit green chillies – 2
sugar – 1 tsp
salt to taste
oil – 1 tbsp
cumin seeds (jeera) – 1/2 tsp
asafoetida (hing) – 1/4 tsp
curry leaves (kadi patta)
How to prepare Komal (Gujarati Summer Drink) :
- Take a big mixing bowl and add curds, coconut milk, coriander, green chillies and sugar along with1 1½ cups of water.
- Mix well till the sugar dissolves.
- Also, add the salt and mix.
- For the tempering, take a tampering pan and heat the oil and add the cumin seeds, asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Once the seeds crackle, pour the tempering over the drink.
- Remove the green chillies and discard them before serving.
- Serve immediately.
This is a wonderful cooling drink. Healthy and a must try drink for this summer.