Yellow Pumpkin – 350 grams
Salt – 1/4 teaspoon + 1/8 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds – 1 teaspoon
Coriander Seeds – 1 teaspoon
Black Pepper – 1/2 teaspoon
Cloves – 4 – 5
Green Cardamom – 1
Mustard Oil – 1 tablespoon
Coriander Leaves – for garnish
Asafetida – 1/8 teaspoon
Red Chili – 2
Turmeric – 1/8 teaspoon
Fenugreek Seeds – 1 teaspoon
Garam Masala – 1 teaspoon
Khatta Kaddu Recipe Procedure:
- Peel off the pumpkin and cut them into small cubes.
- Cook the pumpkin for 3 munites with a pinch of turmeric and salt. make sure its shape is still retained.
- Add cumin seeds, coriander seeds, red chili, cardamom, cloves and black pepper and pound it well to make a coarse powder.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan and add the coarsely grounded spices and asafetida and sauté
- Immediately add the pumpkin and mix well.
- Let it cook for 3 minutes and add the garam masala
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot!!